New Bedford Campus
Theresa Romanovitch, Dean
Michael Metzler, Director
508-678-2811, ext. 4444
eHealthCareers at Bristol Community College’s New Bedford Campus is a flexible healthcare education option designed to prepare for entry into the growing healthcare field. It combines face-to-face learning in the classroom with online learning . Fit your education into your schedule, and receive first-rate support and services – online tutorial and mentoring programs, and access to state-of-the-art technology and laboratories.
Many BCC students constantly juggle the demands of work, home, and family obligations while taking college courses. BCC eHealthCareers gives students the opportunity to earn an associate's degree or certification in healthcare through an online and onsite (hybrid) educational model. This gives BCC students the freedom and flexibility to work in the virtual classroom while still balancing life's other demands.
BCC eHealthCareers is housed in a state-of-the-art facility located in historic downtown New Bedford. BCC’s highly dedicated staff and faculty members provide students with direct and online support to ensure success, while delivering cutting-edge curricula that prepares graduates for the healthcare industry of today and the future. Students typically spend a few hours during one-day a week in the classroom, or in a laboratory, at the New Bedford facility.
eHealthCareers offers great support and resources to help you succeed. An enrollment advisor will assist you from start to finish, making sure you choose the right program for you, and then will help you maximize your financial aid. Whether you’re currently employed, underemployed or seeking employment, the program provides workforce readiness and skill building to help you develop your career.
Student-centered supports for success
- Academic Support Center at BCC/ New Bedford with computers and staff providing assistance
- flexible formats
- virtual support center
- online mentors/advisors
- supports for individuals with disabilities
- password-protected security
- library services
- technical support
- direct online interaction with professors and instructors
- financial aid assistance for qualified students in credit programs
Select from planned Careers and Pathways:
- Complementary Healthcare Degree
- General Studies Health Science Degree
- General Studies Prep-Developmental Education
- Phlebotomy Certificate
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certificate
- Medical Coding Certificate
- Therapeutic Massage Certificate
- Gerontology Certificate
- Healthcare Information Degree
- Occupational Therapy Assisting Degree
Continuing Education and Workforce Training
- Home Health Aide Training
- Nursing Assistant Training for Certified Nurse’s Aide
- CPR/First Aid for Healthcare Professionals
- Personal Care Attendant (PCA)
- Pharmacy Technician Program
As eHealthCareers grows, additional certificate and associate degree programs are proposed:
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Degree*
- Healthcare Information Technology Degree (Spring 2012)
- LPN Transition to Nursing Degree (Summer, 2013)
- Nursing Degree (2012)
The tentative timetable projects a visit by ACOTE to the New Bedford OTA program in mid-to-late 2012 with an accreditation decision to follow.
How to Apply
All information on how to apply can be found at www.BristolCC.edu/eHealthCareers or in the Admissions section of this catalog. If you mail or fax a paper application, be sure to indicate “eHealth” on the application and envelope.