New Bedford Campus
Theresa Romanovitch, Dean
Karen Varieur, Director
508-678-2811, ext. 4444
eHealthCareers at Bristol Community College’s New Bedford Campus is a flexible healthcare education option designed to prepare for entry into the growing healthcare field. It combines face-to-face and online instruction with traditional laboratory and clinical instruction. Students have access to first-rate support and services, such as online tutorial and mentoring programs, and access to facilities and technology representative of current practice.
Many BCC students constantly juggle the demands of work, home, and family obligations while taking college courses. BCC eHealthCareers provides students the opportunity to earn an associate's degree or certificate in healthcare programs through hybrid curriculum models. These options assist BCC students by providing flexibility in balancing life's other demands.
BCC eHealthCareers is located at 800 Purchase Street in historic downtown New Bedford. BCC’s highly dedicated staff and faculty members provide students with direct and online support to ensure success, while delivering cutting-edge curricula that prepares graduates for the healthcare industry of today and the future.
eHealthCareers offers great support and resources to help you succeed. An enrollment advisor will guide you from start to finish, helping you choose the right program, and in applying for financial aid. Whether you’re currently employed, underemployed or seeking employment, the program provides workforce readiness and skill building to help you develop your career.
Student-centered supports for success
- Academic Support Center at BCC/ New Bedford with computers and staff providing assistance
- flexible formats
- virtual support center
- online mentors/advisors
- supports for individuals with disabilities
- password-protected security
- library services
- technical support
- direct online interaction with professors and instructors
- financial aid assistance for qualified students in credit programs
- counseling services
- General Studies Health Science Degree
- Nursing Degree
- Occupational Therapy Assistant Degree*
- Phlebotomy Certificate
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certificate
- Medical Coding Certificate
- Therapeutic Massage Certificate
- Gerontology Certificate
Continuing Education and Workforce Training
- Home Health Aide Training
- Nursing Assistant Training for Certified Nurse’s Aide
- Personal Care Attendant (PCA)
- CPR/First Aid for Healthcare Professionals
As eHealthCareers grows, additional certificate and associate degree programs are proposed:
- LPN Transition to Nursing Degree (Summer 2013)
- Medical Administrative Practices (Certificate Fall 2012)
- Central Sterile Technician (Certificate Fall 2012)
- Certified Nursing Aide (Certificate Fall 2012)
- Pharmacy Technician (Certificate Fall 2012)
- Personal Care Assistant (Certificate Fall 2012)
- Home Health Aid (Certificate Fall 2012)
- Surgical Technology (Certificate Spring 2013)
How to Apply
All information on how to apply can be found at www.BristolCC.edu/eHealthCareers or in the Admissions section of this catalog. If you mail or fax a paper application, be sure to indicate “eHealth” on the application and envelope.
* Accreditation for the Occupational Therapy Assistant Program (eHealth Program Option) is pending. The program has received developing program status by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE). The eHealth option must be accredited by ACOTE prior to student graduation in order for its students to be eligible to sit for the national certification examination offered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
Students can obtain more information in the program description, from the program director at (508) 678-2811 x 2325 or ACOTE at (301) 652-2682.